- Introduction – Systems, foundations, evolution, and dynamics
- Diplomatic law
- Dispute settlement
- Economic diplomacy and trade
- Geopolitics – tectonic plates and dynamic forces
- International law
- Policy formulation and instruments
- Sanctions and prosecution
- The rule of law
- Threats and opportunities: artificial intelligence, nuclear proliferation, space, and technology
- Values and norms
- Wisdom of statesmen and intellectuals
‘Speed, bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing,
Onward! the sailors cry;
Carry the lad that’s born to be King
Over the sea to Skye.
Loud the winds howl, loud the waves roar,
Thunderclaps rend the air;
Baffled, our foes stand by the shore,
Follow they will not dare.
Though the waves leap, soft shall ye sleep,
Ocean’s a royal bed.
Rocked in the deep, Flora will keep
Watch by your weary head.
Many’s the lad fought on that day,
Well the claymore could wield,
When the night came, silently lay
Dead on Culloden’s field.
Burned are their homes, exile and death
Scatter the loyal men;
Yet ere the sword cool in the sheath Charlie will come again.’
The Skye Boat Song
Introduction – Systems, foundations, evolution, and dynamics
John C Whitehead Lecture 2018: In Defence of Globalization: https://www.chathamhouse.org/file/john-c-whitehead-lecture-2018-defence-globalization#